Today’s wireless operators have taken on the corporate social responsibility to work independently or together with other wireless operators, in order to combat cellphone theft. Many countries have also instituted legislation that requires wireless operators to “need-to-know” their subscribers. Primal Technologies Equipment Identity Register (EIR) provides operators with the features to “black-list” lost or stolen cellphones and data devices and the capability to also require subscribers to register recently purchased cellphones (i.e. “white-list” them) with the operator or national authority.
Primal EIR has been developed, integrated and deployed with GSMA. In a non GSMA configuration Primal EIR can be configured as a CEIR to allow all phones to be tracked in a specific region. Some of the features available with the Primal EIR include:
- ▪ GSM Phase 1, Phase 2, Phase2+
- ▪ Support for both IMEI and IMEISV
- ▪ White list, Grey list, Black list screening restricts attachment from previously reported lost/stolen handsets
- ▪ Tracks theft of handset shipments
- ▪ IMEI/IMSI/MISISDN association and optional locking
- ▪ Generated events on IMEI Changes
- ▪ Initial EIR Database auto-population
- ▪ API to query current IMEI of subscriber
- ▪ Separate transaction log stream for law enforcement purposes
- ▪ 3G/LTE Network Integration (MAP/F, S13, S13’)
- ▪ Central IMEI database interface
Primal Technologies comprehensive set of EIR features meet the requirements of operators looking for various techniques to combat cellphone theft and fraud while providing the operator with subscriber handset detection mechanisms for possible cellphone, monthly bundle up-sell opportunities.