Text and Picture Messaging have always been essential features for mobile users for work or to keep in contact with friends and relatives. However, several recent trends have shown how Messaging has become increasingly important in our society.
Each year iOT devices continue to find more and more applications in niche opportunities to improve the lifestyles and productivity for home owners and office workers everywhere. Trending companies such as Google, Apple, and Facebook among many other cloud-based services also depend upon the use of text messaging to authenticate and activate new users. Wireless operators require the flexibility of an SMSC that can also meet their far ranging and unique requirements. In addition to SMS-MO, MT and Inter-carrier processing, Primal Technologies has deliberately included many additional features that wireless operators will find beneficial for their business:
- ▪ Simultaneous multi-network support (CDMA, GSM/UMTS, IMS) from an efficient NFV architecture
- ▪ Broadcast Management – Keep in touch with all or a subset of subscribers by SMS (VM and Out calling also)
- ▪ Delivery of OTA WAP messages to handsets
- ▪ Full Unicode / Emoji support
- ▪ SMS-to-Email
- ▪ Group Messaging
- ▪ Short code routing and interworking with Prepaid for Balance Query, Transfer, Topups and other e-Money transactions
- ▪ Centralized cloud-based short code processing
- ▪ SMS Forwarding
- ▪ Enhanced CALEA functionality
- ▪ Enhanced polling / reporting functionality for M2M Operators
- ▪ Native interworking with Primal Advance Pay/Prepaid/OCS and Ro interworking with 3rd Party OCS
- ▪ Branded Web-to-SMS
- ▪ Real-time analytics and reporting
- ▪ Home Routing functionality (for non-North American operators)
- ▪ MNP Interworking
As Wireless operators evolve their wireless networks to support IMS and 5G technologies, such operators also require an SMSC that can support messaging over IMS networks from a 3GPP compliant IP-SM-GW. Primal Technologies IP-SM-GW connects IMS SIP users together while simultaneously supporting legacy 2G and 3G networks, handsets and inter-carrier connections from a virtualized architecture.
Primal Technologies IP-SM-GW has been commercially deployed for several years and continues to evolve to support LTE IMS operators and their requirements.